A tasty idea for an appetizer or a starter.
- Corn flour: 500gr (17.63 oz)
- Water: 2l (0.52 gal)
- EVO oil: to taste
- Coarse salt: to taste
- Conero Food tomato clam sauce
1) Use a thick bottom pot to cook the polenta. Pour 2 liters of water into the pot, place it onto the hob and start cooking. When the water is about to reach a boil, add in some salt. Pour in the flour and keep cooking over medium/high heat while stirring vigorously.
2) To prevent the formation of lumps, pour in a drizzle of EVO oil and keep stirring. Once it returns to a boil, turn the heat to low and continue cooking for 50 minutes. During such time, keep stirring frequently to make sure the polenta does not stick to the bottom of the pot. 50 minutes later your polenta will be ready.
3) Pour the polenta onto a pastry board forming a layer about 2 cm high (1 inch) and let it cool. Then, cut the polenta into squares to be sautéed in a pan, grilled or even baked.
4) Pour the tomato clam sauce into a non-stick pan, place it onto the hob and heat over low heat for a few minutes until it reaches a boil. Once hot, use a ladle or a spoon to pour the sauce onto the polenta croutons and top with some freshly chopped parsley.